We support Grassroots Women’s Movements
We work collectively with grassroots women leaders, local, national and international networks for transformative change and governments for transformative change that improves the living conditions, status, and quality of life of women, their families and their communities.
Our women’s movements have driven local, national and international action on gender equality. We work with civil society groups and grassroots women leaders to influence policy, stopping gender-based violence, advancing women’s economic well-being and providing social services.
We engage with women’s movements to help them increase their effectiveness, by sharing knowledge through peer-to-peer exchange, community dialogues and community practitioner platforms on women’s rights and successful advocacy practices.
We provide support in building communication, leadership and other skills to influence political and governance processes.
Our commitment to Social Justice
Violence against women and girls is rooted in gender–based discrimination and social norms and gender stereotypes that perpetuate such violence.
Violence against women and girls, especially during climate disasters and pandemics has shown that all types of violence against women and girls, particularly domestic violence, has intensified. During crisis situations, systems, structures and laws are shrinking across the board.
Because of criminalising those that seek justice, we need to uphold the principles of national and international conventions on human rights and other frameworks to protect women and girls, we support to:
- Address the roots causes of injustices and violence.
- Align with grassroots women leaders and partners to challenge injustice and violence to support those who are facing injustice and violence.
- Work with partners and communities to understand their rights and to speak out about their needs and concerns.
- Encourage grassroots women leaders for their voices to be heard.
- Partner with key stakeholders and movements to combat discrimination against women, people with disabilities or ethnic minority.
- Foster solidarity through advocacy and lobbying to call for a more equitable and sustainable world for all.
- Continue with our work as human rights and justice defenders to promote values of humanity and solidarity.